?

Log in

 
 
14 March 2011 @ 05:26 pm
 
[There's a storm coming.

Maybe it's the time he spent in Hueco Mundo, where the sky is always black and empty, that makes him sensitive to the changes in the air. Or it's possible that it's just a side-effect of possessing sharper senses. Whatever the case, the signs are there for anyone capable of recognizing them. The subtle drop in pressure. The faint undercurrent of energy electrifying the air. The scent of moisture that, after a cursory glance around, has no immediately identifiable source.

It's coming, and Grimmjow knows it.

Which is why he's out here now, standing at the top of a rise, looking out over the land. The elevation affords him a perfect view of the sky and the clouds that slowly begin to gather. He may not like most forms of weather, he still isn't used to it, but even he'll admit that he enjoys storms. Especially the large ones; those with towering black clouds, deafening crashes of thunder, strong wind, and violent cracks of lightning. The rain he can always do without. There's something about the frenzy of energy released in a storm that calls to him. Captivates him. It's like watching the world at war with itself, and he knows that feeling all too well.

As the wind begins to rise, Grimmjow grins, a wild, reckless expression of anticipation. This promises to be a big one.]
 
 
 
heartfort on March 22nd, 2011 08:13 pm (UTC)
[ Orihime likes storms. To sit at her window with Tatsuki and count how many seconds away it is, anticipating the miles until they hit, is something she enjoys almost as much as watching mecha anime or blood-curdling horror movies, anticipating the moment they will all be blown to smithereens with something akin to reckless childlike glee. Today, however, she's not terribly happy to be out in one, or at least the onset.

At the first thin showers, her school uniform soaks against her skin and clumps long hair, making everything heavy and uncomfortable. A few minutes later, the lashing raindrops are fat and fast enough to splatter her in the face and make running Orihime's only option, skidding to a halt under a tree to wring out her idol-long hair and fish around in her bag for the umbrella she knows she forgot to pack that morning. It had been such a sunny start! Who would have thought the day could turn into something like this?

Abruptly stiffening, her hand ruffles through the books and pencilcases in her satchel, a panicked fright seizing her when she notices a hole in the leather. Glancing around, she doesn't run back into the storm but walks, sodden again in seconds as she crouches closer to the pavement, checking along drains. As if she's lost something very precious, irreplaceable and difficult to spot with dull human eyes. Two little hairclips, quite far away under mushy leaves, the reason why she fails to care about the storm and whipping winds.

She even pretends that all the drips down her face are raindrops, just to give herself the courage to keep looking. ]
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: if I ignore you you'll go awaypantherking on March 22nd, 2011 09:47 pm (UTC)
[Not even the rain can block out the smell of human, especially this human, and at the first hint of her scent, Grimmjow's attention peels away from the storm. Curiosity piqued, he steps into the air and drifts closer. He watches her run for the tree, soaking wet. And he watches her trudge back out into the rain again. Slower now. Looking for something, seems like, though he doesn't have the first idea what it could be.

Ignoring her is his best option. Leaving her to her- whatever the hell it is she's doing, is better than getting involved. He's learned something since the war, and that's that these people are always more trouble than they're worth. But he drops down from the sky anyway, his penchant for getting into trouble overriding his desire to stay out of it.

His hair's plastered to his head, the water dripping form it indistinguishable from the rain, and his clothes are soaked clean through, clinging annoyingly to his body. But he doesn't care, and with a few quick steps, falls in beside her.]


Well? [It's gruff, his voice, but more curious than anything else.] What're you looking for?
heartfort on March 22nd, 2011 10:03 pm (UTC)
[ Straightening in surprise, she glances sideways and decides not to make a big deal out of the fact Grimmjow, of all people, is waltzing up beside her. He looks ... soggy, actually, but she isn't going to mention that. ]

Ah, I'm. [ Gaining her rhythm again, Orihime calls over the sound of the gusting rain. ] I'm looking for my hairpins, they fell out of my bag.

[ For whatever reason, she doesn't immediately assume he's here to make the search that much more difficult. ]
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: huh?pantherking on March 22nd, 2011 10:16 pm (UTC)
Hairpins?

[His glance toward her hair is automatic, but obviously, if she's looking for them, they're not there. Still, he stares at her hair blankly for a moment before looking back toward her face.]

These things important?

[Not that he cares. He doesn't. He's just... Well, he's there now and she's there and he doesn't really know what else to do.]
heartfort on March 22nd, 2011 10:35 pm (UTC)
Yes.

[ It's more a breath and a sigh than a simple answer, shoulders slumping. Even if she wanted to fib, she couldn't, not when she's terrified they've been washed into the sewage. Her gaze is pulled away from the Espada to the ground, her back put to him without pause for thought - there are more important things to get on with other than being nervous around him. ]

... My brother gave them to me.

[ It isn't that she needs to tell him or expects Grimmjow to sympathise (not in her wildest dreams) but it's why she's in the hurling rain. It's the reason. ]
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: mopey facepantherking on March 22nd, 2011 10:42 pm (UTC)
[This brother of hers is apparently important. He doesn't know why, he's never had a brother, isn't even sure he knows what one is, exactly. Humans have so many names for things, he can't be bothered to remember them all. Hey you and that guy works good enough for him.

But now they're just standing here in the rain and he can feel water trickling down into his boots. He really hates the rain. A huff, and he shrugs.]


Fine. Whatever. I'll help you find your shit. But then you owe me, got it?
heartfort on March 22nd, 2011 10:55 pm (UTC)
You will?

[ This is a Bad Idea, she can feel it in her bones. It's either Grimmjow's help or freezing, though. She'd even let him half-strangle her again, as long as she had the Shun Shun Rikka back. ]

Thank you very much. [ Looking around, she points down the road. ] That's the way I came. They're small and blue.
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: oh snappantherking on March 22nd, 2011 11:08 pm (UTC)
[Turning his head, he looks down the way she's pointing. Right. Small and blue.

A sniff nets him nothing, but he isn't really expecting it to do so. Far as he knows, hairpins don't smell like anything. A faint trace of her, maybe, if they've been in her hair, but he's probably too far away from wherever they are to smell it. He takes a few steps forward, scanning the ground, before he glances back over his shoulder.]


Hey. You coming with me or what?
heartfort on March 22nd, 2011 11:19 pm (UTC)
I'm coming!

[ Hurrying to his side, leaving him enough room not to crowd his personal bubble, she recommences scouring the ground and drains, ignoring her hair when she kneels down and dirties the ends along with her socks. Determined not to give up, Orihime stands still and closes her eyes, trying to sense any faint traces of her reiatsu in the area. The rain, however, is too much of a distraction. ]
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: stalkingpantherking on March 22nd, 2011 11:40 pm (UTC)
[It's quickly becoming obvious to Grimmjow that these things aren't just lying out in the middle of the road. Far as he can see, and it's pretty far, there's nothing. No glints of blue. No nothing. Pausing in his search, he lifts his head and watches the slant of the rain as it falls. They're probably light if she's wearing them in her hair, which means water could've carried them off or buried them under debris.

His eyes are drawn to the dark, sodden blobs of leaves collecting off to the side of the road, and he walks over to investigate, kicking through them with the toe of his boot. Nothing. But there's plenty more, and he keeps going, mind on the task at hand and pointedly ignoring the fact that he's doing this in the first place.]


How far'd you walk?
heartfort on March 23rd, 2011 12:01 am (UTC)
[ Glancing at him through lowered lashes, she tries not to watch him for too long, conscious of how that might come off as criticism of his efforts. ]

Not far, a couple of streets down from the school.
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: look here womanpantherking on March 23rd, 2011 12:08 am (UTC)
[He's not familiar enough with the area to know how far that is, but it sounds far. Still, it's better than doing nothing. Or going back to Hueco Mundo and putting up with some stupid hollow's shit. So okay. He'll tramp through the rain for however long it takes to find these damn things.]

Yeah, all ri-

[Stopping again, he kicks at another clump of leaves, knocking them out of the way. A quick crouch, and he's standing back up and holding out his hand to her.]

These it?
heartfort on March 23rd, 2011 12:26 am (UTC)
[ Her dispirited mood evaporates when he picks up her muddy hairpins, yelping joyfully and clutching them from his hand, holding them tightly in intense relief. Laughter bubbles free and she nods, sitting down on the curb as her stress levels peeter out. So tired. ]

Yes! Thank you so much, I wouldn't have found them if I was alone. Thank you, Grimmjow.
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: in so much trouble right nowpantherking on March 23rd, 2011 12:33 am (UTC)
[He blinks, taken aback by her exuberance. Must be some brother. And because he just doesn't get it, he keeps standing there, looking down at her, waiting for everything to finally click. It doesn't.]

Whatever.

[That's about as close to You're welcome as anyone gets.]

Now what?
heartfort on March 23rd, 2011 12:42 am (UTC)
If I owe you, then you can get dry at my apartment, if you like. I have a shower with plenty of gels and foams, one of them has to suit you.

[ Hospitality is all she really has to offer in this weird place, in a replica flat. ]

My couch is very comfortable and it would get you out of the rain until it stops tomorrow.
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: wrinkly nosepantherking on March 23rd, 2011 12:55 am (UTC)
[The easiest way to convince Grimmjow to do anything is to throw unfamiliar words at him until he just goes along with whatever it is out of sheer flustered irritation. He doesn't know what he's supposed to do with gels and foams, or what they have to do with the couch, but he hears "get out of the rain" and that's really all that matters.]

Okay.

[A stray thought crosses his mind and his nose wrinkles.]

It's not full of humans, is it?
heartfort on March 23rd, 2011 01:10 am (UTC)
No, there's just me.

[ She'll keep out of his way, if that's what he wants. Walking alongside him, she keeps the hairpins in a firm palm, refusing to let them go for a moment until inside her home. ]
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: suspiciouspantherking on March 23rd, 2011 01:15 am (UTC)
Good.

[He knows where he is with her. It's the rest of them that grate on his nerves. She's... all right. She healed him, anyway, and did what he told her to do in Hueco Mundo. That counted for something.]

You been here long?
heartfort on March 23rd, 2011 01:16 am (UTC)
A little while, it's quite nice. What about you, Grimmjow?
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: pfft whateverpantherking on March 23rd, 2011 01:21 am (UTC)
[He glances at the sky, like that will help him count the days, but all he gets is rain in his eyes for his trouble.]

It's been a while. Months.

[And because he's been wanting to talk about it with someone, the rest just slips out.]

Saw the snow. It doesn't snow in Hueco Mundo.